Step 1: Install Windows Server Backup feature
Open Server Manager, click on manage and select Add roles and features.
Skip the welcome page by hitting Next , then 3 Next untill the feature page aprears.
In the feature page scroll down and choose Windows Server Backup feature then press Next button and click install. Wait unilt the installation finish
Full Server (All volumes): If you choose the option, you backup all files and it is the best option.
Critical Volume: Choose this option to backup some critical files and folders.
System State: Choose this option to backup files that are needed for system state recovery.
Individual Volumes: You can backup one volume by choosing this option.
Folders and files: You can backup single folders and files choosing this option.
Step 2 : To Create a Backup Plan/Backup system
open Server Manager and click on Tools then click on the Windows Server Backup
When the Windows Server Backup opened, on the Action side bar three option are available, Backup schedule, backup once and recover and schedule backup: it creates a time-based backup upon the schedule means the server automatically takes backup in the specified time and the Backup once option is for one-time backup so, select Backup once option because here we’ll backup once to show you on.
4. On the Backup options page, two options are available, choose the Different options. This option is used when you haven’t created schedule yet. then, hit Next.
5. As mentioned before, the Full server backup does a full server backup, by choosing this, you backup everything on the server. If you don’t like to do that, a Custom option is available to let you specify some of the folders, files, etc to backup.
6. Specify the Destination drive you want to save backup files, so, I select the Local drives in order to select the hard drive I want in the next step.
7. Here try to save the files to a separate hard drive, you can’t save backup files in C: drive, there for save it in another place. If you choose a local drive, certainly backup server give you warning that the drive is in the backup list. I don’t pay attention to because I have created a separate drive for the backup files, you do so.
9. Finally, we are done, begin the backup process by clicking on Backup button and take a rest. Certainly, it takes a while but it depends on your files, folders…